The buying process
Here’s a general idea of what you can expect to do when buying a vacation home:
- Look for the right home.
- Decide which type of property you want to buy.
- Choose an area you’d like your place to be in.
- Draw up a list of must haves.
- Determine how much you can afford.
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage.
- Using your own research, broker recommendations, or both, draw up a shortlist of homes to view.
- View selected properties.
- Decide which property you want.
- Place a formal offer.
- If offer is accepted, pay a deposit.
- Receive a fully executed contract.
- Arrange a home inspection
- Sign closing documents.
- Liaise with title company to make the sale official.
- The title company will transfer the funds to the seller
- Pick up the keys to your new home in the Sunshine State!
- Furnish your home